Re: [users@httpd] Resolved: rewrite backslash to forward slash

Thanks to Scott Gifford for confirming the proper syntax:
    RewriteRule ^(.*)\\(.*)$ $1/$2 [R]
Which I'd tried in various forms without some necessary conditions.
Apparently it was a mistake to use the encoded version of backslash, %5C.
And the RewriteEngine should have either been turned on at the beginning or
off at the end, not both.  And finally, RewriteBase was needed to designate
the path that both the HTTP request and the desired destination had in
common.  Original follows.
-Josh