Re: [users@httpd] Apache seg.fault after PHP upgrade

oxfordmusic.net wrote:
I decided to take the plunge and upgrade three of my servers to PHP5 on Saturday.
They're all RaQ4 machines running  Apache/1.3.29.
The build all went fine and i went to install it. After restarting Apache i got a "httpd dead but subsys locked" message. I did as much debugging as I could (php -i worked so I'm assuming the PHP bit was all OK).
I finally got to this point:
[root] httpd -t
Syntax OK
Segmentation fault
The weird thing is this error was replicated on only two of the three machines, the third one worked fine. I have no idea where to go from here. Can anyone give me some tips on where to look next?

Cheers
Andy

Andy -

I've seen this in the past when upgrading from 4 > 5, and did a LoadModule on both the php4 and php5 modules. Although you can still do this, carfeul consideration has to be givin to HOW this is done.

Check to see that both modules are not loading at the same time.

Thanks
-dant