Re: [users@httpd] How can i minimise the hitts of weblogic server for the static sources.

It sounds like you're talking about a cache issue. Does your server have a setting that is telling the browser to not cache anything? Does client browsing your site have their browser cache turned off? Even with it all turned off, you'll still get log entries, but it will be a different result (304 - ) instead of (200 <file size>). The 304 code tells the browser that the file is in their cache. The only thing this does is saves on the file transfer. You will always get the log entries, because apache is set up to log everything. If you could turn your logs off, then when you needed to see something, nobody would be able to help you. Accurate detailed logs are very important... you could even say they are critical.

rajas kumar wrote:

Hai thanx, but I think this is the way to creating custom logs. I dont want to do as u mentioned because its internally hits the server each time when we send request. Is there any other why to stop hitting weblogic server for the satic files(jif,images,jsscripts) plz tell me.......

*/Eimantas Vaièiûnas <eimantas.vaiciunas@xxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    On Wednesday 13 April 2005 04:11, rajas kumar wrote:
    > This is my acces log of weblogic. Each time i given request for
    images and
    > jsscripts access log should not be come in the picture. Below
    log which
    > shows for jsp pages as well as images and jsscripts. For images and
    > jsscripts i dont want to hit the weblogic server how can do the
    configure
    > to avoid hitting for the images and jsscripts.

    It's possible to tell apache NOT to log certain file types. Use
    SetEnvIf
    directive and then 'env=' parameter of CustomLog directive for
    OTHER file
    types. I.e.:
    ---
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.gif$" static
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.jpg$" static
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.css$" static
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.js$" static

    CustomLog /path/to/log/file logFormat env=!static
    ---

-- Eimantas Vaièiûnas
    VU Skaièiavimo centras

http://mail.yahoo.com