[users@httpd] Apache and DJVU Images problem

Hello all,

This is Anisha from Oracle, Bangalore India.

We have an application which runs on apache server and has a particular format of files called ".djvu" files. These files are nothing but spcially compressed images, and viewed by the end user via the url. There is a plugin which the end user has to install in his system for the images to eb viewed. The problem here is that the images are not getting loaded properly. Some of the images get loaded within 1-2 seconds whereas some other not at all gets loaded or else takes 4/5 refreshes to load. The problem is not with the size as we observed, since 30kb or 300 kb, some images doesnot at all get loaded.

This problem has arised only after the webcache has been deployed on the application. Earlier to this, we did not have any problem. No specific ruling has been applied to the .djvu files. Even when for observation study, we applied some caching rules on the .djvu images, we see no rule is played by the caching rule in loading.

The MIME configuration to be done for these kinds of files, is also done.

i.e..,
$ fgrep -i djv mime.types
image/vnd.djvu                  djvu djv
-- this entry has to be made for the .djvu images

The above is the only administration work to be done for the .djvu files we suppose.
But when browsing through the net, we came across the below information on MIME setting for users side, on Apache server.

For Users

  1. Using a text editor, create a file named .htaccess in the same directory as your DjVu files.
  2. Add the following line to the file:
    AddType image/x.djvu djvu djv

[website info :- http://www.djvuzone.org/support/tutorial/chapter-serving.html#apache]
We would like to know if there is anything else to be done for the configuration side, or are we missing something else.
If  you would like to have some more information, please revert back to us. Please cc all those in the loop.

Kindly treat this mail as a matter of urgent.

Tnx n Regs'
Anish.Y