Re: [users@httpd] Windows XP problem after install of Apache 2.0.53

This is not to put them down but Symantec is honestly no good at stopping viruses...just last year i fixed around 250 machines infected that had symantec onboard with no good results...even ourselves at the time were running it and got caught.

So we switched to Grisoft's AVG Pro and then no more problems ever since....even better now that we use Firefox instead of IE.

Just download a trial of AVG and check for yourself. www.grisoft.com

Erick P.

nospam@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Erick,

My first thought also. But as the machine runs Symantec with update of
definitions almost every week, and a check was performed the night
before and the machine was not connected in the time between (it still
runs on ISDN dial-up, manually only when needed), I ruled it out. The
install-files for Apache were already downloaded and sitting by.

But, the virus scanner also doesn't run anymore.... So the virus should
have been inside the machine and "attacked" after the install? Which
virus could that be?

Regards,
Wim.