From: Robert Zagarello [mailto:bzag0@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 9:19 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] html files not in root directory

--- Bilal Dar <bdar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am not able to figure out which thing to use
> exactly. I have an html file
> "/var/zz/yy/ww/x.html", now I want to get it
> working. I am not sure exactly
> what do I need to use here maybe alias or something
> else.
>

> Thanks.

Normally your html web starts in DocumentRoot which is
defined in your httpd.conf file.  If you want to
change where your web starts just stop Apache, change
this string and restart.  This string must be changed
for DocumentRoot and the Directory directive for this
directory, also in hhtpd.conf.

"Oh fools, so hard do ye tread the mines lain at Golgotha in search of
reality for the sake of truth, only to find it and despair !  Yes, Death is
reality and true, but it need not be your calling !"
-  The Christologic Clown.