Re: [users@httpd] read-only webdav folder

Dick Davies wrote:
* Craig Jackson <cjackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [0451 05:51]:

Hi,

I am having some trouble setting up read-only webdav Location. Below you

Isn't that a 'web page' ? :)

can see that the logs show DELETE and PUT allowed, while the httpd.conf config for this Location restricts this user to read-only access. So the

No, it doesn't - this config allows all options, because you haven't blocked them.

<Limit GET HEAD OPTIONS PROPFIND>
	allow from all
</Limit>

Try

<LimitExcept GET HEAD OPTIONS PROPFIND>
 	deny from all
 </LimitExcept>

user has more permission than he should have. The directory permissions you can see below also. Nobody, the Apache user, owns the directory. Now

Ick. Nobody shouldn't own files IMO - that's the point of nobody. Might be
saner to create a www/www user/group and run apache as that.

Thanks, that worked. So much for examples from Apache 2.0 by Wrox (Peter Wainwright) page 622 which I took my configuration from verbatim to create a webdav-enabled folder. I think maybe you need to write the book.

We are using NetDrive by Novell to allow access to webdav folders on our Apache-Linux server. Some folders need to be read-only.

Thanks very much again,
Craig