Re: [users@httpd] apache not starting with php4

synaptical wrote:
hello everyone, i'm having a weird problem with a fresh install of
apache 1.3.33 on debian sarge. with the LoadModule line for php4 in
modules.conf, apache won't start (manually or on reboot). if i
comment out the line and start apache, i can then uncomment the line
again and apache will then run on start/ restart/ graceful, etc. no
error messages reported, and the times when apache won't start, it in
fact says it's started when it isn't. i'm not sure that this is a bug
(though it might be), because i had the same setup on my old
hardware. after upgrading my server and doing a fresh debian install,
i'm getting this problem. thanks for any ideas.

Did you turn on debug-informations and checked the logs? Maybe this might give you and us some hints. Maybe you need to recompile php to get an appropriate module for your new apache?

best,
peter