[users@httpd] apache2 on Debian sarge

Hi

I hope this is the correct mailing list - it is more Apache than Debian I
think...

We will be soon upgrading our Debian Wood servers to Sarge. Currently we have
our Debian (L)AMP system compiled and running from source, but once we
upgrade, I would like to maintain the packages via apt.

So I have a demo (Debian Sarge) box with Apache2 configured on it via apt-get.

The configuration of this is very different to what I am used to. Currently we
have all virtual servers in /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf. Now it seems
the default install puts all the config stuff in /etc/apache2 (which makes
perfect sense), but it in there all the config stuff is separated out.

I am sure this makes perfect sense, but I can't get my head around exactly how
things hang together.

And finally to the point...

Can someone point me in the direction of some detailed explanations of how to
set up apache2 in this way please.

Kind Regards
Steve