Re: [users@httpd] TCP/IP on Windows XP

webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

How do I get TCP/IP up and running on Windows XP? I can do it on Windows 9x, with no problem, but I'm fairly new to XP. Dana Marshall

Windows XP (professional at least) should normally install with TCP/IP installed and operational (especially since that's it's preferred method of activation). If you have service pack 2 installed, the firewall (I believe) is automatically enabled. Look for the shield icon in the taskbar and open it if it's there. If there's no firewall problem try going to control panel / add or remove programs / add-remove windows components / networking components, and be sure that the appropriate items are checked.

Finally, you can start the network troubleshooter from "Help and Support" on the start menu.

Good luck

Gene