[users@httpd] Apache Error On Restart

Title: Apache Error On Restart

I am a new Apache user and have setup Apache to run on a Windows 2003 server. We have setup Apache to work with Subversion and are able to work with our repositories. The one issue we have though, is that we get following error each time we try to restart the Apache service "The requested operation has failed!". If we stop and start the service, we do not get the error. Some of the information I found on Google suggested running "Test Configuration" to find out the source of the error. I receive a "Syntax OK" from the command. There are no entries in the error log. There is a error in the Application event log, but I am not sure what to do about it:

Faulting application Apache.exe, version 2.0.52.0, faulting module libapr.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00004902.

To address the "if the start/stop works, use it" comments… We would like to utilize the graceful restart, so we don't drop the connections of those doing Subversion activities when we restart the service.

Any suggestions?