Re: [users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy / Redirect Issue

Owen,

Sorry about the HTML, I was using Outlook Web Access, which doesn't let you choose plaintext as a formatting option. I had to create an account on my own private web server just to post in plaintext. Again, sorry, I didn't know it was HTML.

Before I get into the directives, I have changed the domain names and ports... where backend or gateway are used in directived, I am using the actual domain name for that server.

Here are the mod_proxy rules I am using on the gateway server:

~~~

<Location /vqwiki-2.7.1>
    ProxyPass http://backend:4080/vqwiki-2.7.1/
    ProxyPassReverse http://backend:4080/vqwiki-2.7.1/
    SSLRequireSSL
</Location>

~~~

Here are the mod_rewrite rules I was using in a virtual host on port 80, when I was trying to re-write http to https requests:

~~~

Listen 0.0.0.0:80

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
SSLEngine Off
        Redirect / https://gateway/
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
        RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [L,R]
</VirtualHost>

ServerName gate.platinumsolutions.com:80
UseCanonicalName Off

~~~

There are more directives, the ssl-specific ones are in a separate conf file. Let me know if you need to see anything from there.

I have one more thing for you... the headers on the redirect request (from LiveHTTPHeaders extension on Firefox). You'll notive in the 302 response headers that the Location header has http:// instead of https://... this is the matter that is driving me crazy and am trying to solve. Here they are:

~~~

https://gateway/vqwiki-2.7.1/jsp/test2.jsp?action=redirect

GET /vqwiki-2.7.1/jsp/test2.jsp?action=redirect HTTP/1.1
Host: gateway
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive
Referer: https://gateway/vqwiki-2.7.1/jsp/test.jsp
Cookie: username=Daniel Silva; JSESSIONID=5A37231975613F6D24D4B2B48F7EBB6B; JSESSIONIDSSO=7083BB840927C2DC40255E36808997E1
Authorization: Basic ZHNpbHZhOmQ0bnMxbHZh

HTTP/1.x 302 Moved Temporarily