Re: [users@httpd] Problem redirecting http to https

Yes, I thought maybe that was a dumb answer.  A rewrite is nice to rewrite some
of the url's that
may appear in referencing pages.   This way you might avoid some of the error
messages or
security warmings that may appear when you load references to http under ssl.

So the rewrite actually happens when you make a url call where the protocal is
rewritten from
http to https, and also when the page is returned to you with references to
http.  These are then
modified to comeback as https references.  Kind of a nice little feature.  So,
if any of your code
makes links to http://yoursite/...  it would be changed to make references to
https://yoursite/...

Charlie ;)
4/4/05

On Apr 4, 2005 12:55 PM, Charlie Smith <SmithCW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just uses a rewrite instead of a redirect.

> How does this differ from creating the virtual host for port 80, which
> I have done, and putting my redirect line in it, which seems to work
> ... ?

Yes, I understand that. :) I was wondering if/why doing it one way
might be better than doing it the other.

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.