Re: [users@httpd] Problem redirecting http to https

Just uses a rewrite instead of a redirect.

On Apr 4, 2005 11:59 AM, Charlie Smith <SmithCW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Using ip based hosts, create a vhost for port 443 and 80.  On the one for
80,
> put a rewrite command to rewrite the protocol and host to https.
> Example:
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R,L]
>
> Charlie ;)
> 4/4/05

> We have a site, defined in the main section of httpd.conf (not as a
> virtual host). We got, and installed, an ssl certificate, and created
> an ssl virtual host container that points to the same place as the
> main site. I've been able to access the site via http or https. Now, I
> need to change this so that the site can only be accessed via https.
>
> I tried putting this in httpd.conf:
>
> Redirect permanent / https://fqdn.of_our_site.net/
>
> but this doesn't work. When I try to go to
> https://fqdn.of_our_site.net/jsp/login.jsp, the ssl access log shows
> that it's loading /jsp/login.jsp over and over and over ...
>
> How do I do this correctly?

Ok, thanks. :)

How does this differ from creating the virtual host for port 80, which
I have done, and putting my redirect line in it, which seems to work
... ?

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.