Re: [users@httpd] virtual server not seen exterally

--On Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:55 PM -0400 Noah <sitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 03:15:37PM -0600, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
I have set up several virtual host containers in ssl.conf one of which
looks like this.

</Virtual>

<Virtual *:9000>
##
## Computerking.ca DBMA interface
##
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/DBMA/dbmailadministrator"

[snip]

Well, for starters, <Virtual> isn't a valid directive; <VirtualHost> is.

Opps my conf file is correct my spell checker changed VirtualHost to Virtual for me when i sent you the last email hahaha.

I can see this host fine from inside my network but it does not work
from  the outside world.

Define 'does not work'. You do get connection refused? an HTTP error?
Does your browser disappear in a puff of plaid smoke? =)

Plaid smoke that very funny sometimes ie does that heeheehe. Here is the error i get using ie

"The page cannot be displayed" down at the bottom of the page ie states this

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

As i said before i can ping this host name so do not think it is a DNS problem. Hope this is helpful as the remote machine i have to use does not have Mozilla installed.

--n

--
<huey> dd of=/dev/fd0 if=/dev/flippy bs=1024
<huey> ^^^ Making Flippy Floppy