Re: [users@httpd] Limiting connections by directory, including cgis?

Not using virtual hosts, though, and it doesn't look like it supports directory blocks from the docs...

Trying to use one host so we don't have to buy a big stack of SSL certs.

Sorry, my fault , cause i read too fast and didnt notice you said directory.

My bw_mod can handle Max connections per directory, but it's for apache 2, and has some limitations for now (still working on it)

i.e.
secure.foo.com/prod1
secure.foo.com/prod2

	*"Ivan Barrera A." <Bruce@xxxxxx>*

03/30/2005 11:29 AM
Please respond to users

To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx cc: Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Limiting connections by directory, including cgis?

Anthony.Ball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 > I have been searching all around with no luck.
 >
 > I want to be able to limit the number of connections per directory, in
 > order to prevent a case which
 > has happened in the past where one of our products gets backed up and
 > prevents connections to
 > another.
 >
 > I found mod_bandwidth, and it looked perfect until I saw that it doesn't
 > work with CGIs, which is all this is.
 >
 > mod_throttle almost looked promising, but it looks like that won't quite
 > do it either, if I understand it properly.
 >
 > Is there some way to do this? We are using the 1.3 apache branch, but
 > could probably switch to Apache 2 if
 > needed.
 >
 > My thought was something that limited each product directory to a number
 > of connections less than the total
> allowed, but if there is some other way to do it, I am open to suggestions.

mod_vhost_limit-0.4.tar.gz for apache 1.x by Takato Satsuma
mod_vhost_limit-0.1.tgz for apache 2.x by me (Ivan Barrera).

I dont know if the site of mod_vhost_limit-0.4 still exists.. but i have
a copy. If you need it, i can send it to you :)