Re: [users@httpd] recommendations for checking website security holes?

2.0.53 is indeed the latest version, with fix to known vulnerabilities.
The security depends on what you are using. So you might want to check per module, that is enabled, what security threats you might face. For ex, if you have cgi enabled, it depends a lot on the programmers to ensure security, since the programs might be prone to buffer overflows. You might want to check for cross site scripting and other known web security issues. I would start looking in google with web security, apache security, and the like keywords to find more info. Apache docs also have security info: http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/security_tips.html
HTH
- Aman Raheja

Pete Eakle wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to mention this.  We will be running on Fedora Linux,
Core 2, and Apache 2.0.53.  I believe we installed the latest Apache,
so I don't know if the 'updates in place' issue will apply to us yet.

   -Pete

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:35:22 -0800, Steven Pierce