[users@httpd] Is IP local or not

I have been told that there is a setting that can check if an IP address is
local or not, but I can't find anything.

I want to be able to determine if an IP address on inbound mail is from the
localhost or not.

Sometimes mail from another host arrives and in the header it is declaring
that the IP address is from localhost when it is not and the results are it
is getting past some filters.

Anyone know how I can correct this problem?

--
Win a Vespa Scooter or a Dell Gift Card worth $3,000.00
http://www.morningstarcom.net/raffle-contest.php

believed to be clean.