[users@httpd] Ok Here we go Newb questions

Well thanks for the welcome, and yes I want to make sure I don't abuse this
forum.

Three questions then if I may, I searched the docs found nothing.

With IIS you turn on your web server and your ftp server. It appears that
apache is only a web server, do I need a third party ftp server?

Next, again with IIS you set your cgi time out in the control panel, do we
do this in the config file with apache?

Finally, where do we set users accesses? Is that strictly controlled by
.htaccess?

Remember I've run IIS for 6 years now, no nothing about apache.

Thanks

Hello

I have also faced that weird error. Do you think that this is a client
problem?

My user was using the "Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing
Provider DAV", probably a IE.