From: Noah [mailto:sitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 4:34 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Access of a page in Apache

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 09:23:07AM +0200, Gil Shai wrote:

> 1) If a user tries to access these pages directly, they would be
> forbidden.
> 1) If the Apache2 redirects (using RedirectMatch directive) the user
> to these pages, they would NOT be forbidden.
>
> How can I do this rather simply?

"Simple"
"Reliable"

"Pick one" =)

I have no doubt that there are numerous examples of this in the archives
(or that can be found with google); Possible search terms:

http_referer rewritecond rewriterule block

The downside to this is that HTTP_REFERER blocking is not 100%
effective, since you're basically implementing access controls based
soley on information supplied by the user. It'll stop most of the
requests for the protected pages, but won't stop a determined person.

What's your filesystem layout look like, what are you redirecting
to/from, and what is the actual goal here?

--
<huey> dd of=/dev/fd0 if=/dev/flippy bs=1024 <huey> ^^^ Making Flippy
Floppy