From: PMilanese@xxxxxxxx [mailto:PMilanese@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 2:10 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; jslive@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Most simple way to cache some static files?

You're running CF for the front end (cfm)? Or just for writing the files?

CF has its own silly caching thing if that's the case.

	I would suggest setting up a staging area to sync to production.
If your site is getting enough traffic to make this a problem, you probably
should not be editing files directly on it.

of
> those files and rewrite the entire structure to the filesystem. I'm
using
> ColdFusion MX directory and file functions called <CFFILE> and
> <CFDIRECTORY> to do this. Since there is so much traffic, I've been
> having trouble trying to delete and/or overwrite files that apache is
> reading from.
>
> I'm on Windows 2000 using Apache 2.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,