[users@httpd] CGI child processes

Hi,

I am trying to get a CGI script executed via Apache. The script should call another script and exit immediately, while the second script is still running in the background.

I already tried the Perl exec and fork functions, but Apache always seems to wait for the second script to finish before displaying the "Process has been started and will run in the background" message.

When I execute the CGI script from the command line, exec works as expected (i.e. the shell returns to the prompt immediately).

How can I get Apache to disregard the process started by the CGI?

Thanks,

Jan
--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. - Jeremy S. Anderson