Re: [users@httpd] BUG? RewriteEngine from VirtualHost invoked on response to CONNECT

Joshua Slive wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:54:53 +0100, Alberto Barbati <abarbati@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I assume that is the virtual host listed first in your config file? Then it is perfectly expected that it should be serving all requests
that don't otherwise belong to another virtual host.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#proxyscan
You're correct. I didn't realize it was the first virtual host as its configuration was in conf.d/mailman.conf, which is included before my other virtual hosts. I moved it elsewhere (as it should have been in the first place) and added a default virtual host with "deny from all" as described in the link you sent. Now I feel much better.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Alberto

PS: Thanks to Noah too!