Re: [users@httpd] user and group thru configure

okk.. hold with the answers..

:-)

just got some hold of it.. these mpms n all.
will get back with more questions soon.

Benjamin wrote:
MPM module??

cuz i did not know abt this,i configured with simple
./configure --prefix=<prefix>

Whoa. I just looked at the options with configure, n looked for MPM.
Its very unnerving for sure, atleast for me.

Do i have to know the modules used by Apache, and their uses, etc. to do an install?
the option --with-mpm=MPM says
--with-mpm=MPM          Choose the process model for Apache to use.
                          MPM={beos|worker|prefork|mpmt_os2|perchild|leader|threadpool}

wot are these??n how do i decide wot do i use??

pardon me.. if these qs seem too silly..

I am still reading into all this, but could u just direct me to the right stuff.

Eimantas Vaičiūnas wrote:
User and group settings depend on MPM module you compile your apache with (if
you are using apache2)