RE: [users@httpd] HTML Documents Showing Up As Code Rather Than W eb Page

Sorry about that ---

When I enter the following text in the web browser's address field:

http://<ip address>/outputfiles

I get to the screen that lists the files in the directory which had
an alias configuration set up in the httpd.conf file. The files that
are listed have the following syntax:

<outputfile>.html.<date> ie: scan1.html09-03-05

When I click on the file it displays the source code of the file.

However, if I enter the following text in the web browser's address field:

/home/admin/outputfiles

I again get to the screen that lists the files in the directory. When I click
on the file it displays its information in html format.

UPDATE --
I did some further investigating, and the problem that I described originally
appears to occur when using the Firefox, Opera, and Netscape web browsers.
Internet Explorer does not appear to have this problem.