Re: [users@httpd] Apache logging

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:51:48 +0100, Leeuwen, Allan van
<allan.vanleeuwen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to know if there is a way to find out which file users are
> 'currently' downloading ... it only seems to be possible to find this out
> once they are finished with the file as it needs to log the 'total bytes
> transferred'. However, I'm running several sites so when I see a bandwidth
> peek I'm always wondering which site is doing this exactly (and which file).
> Sometimes these downloads are over 1gb in size so it takes really long
> before I can find out.

See the module mod_status and the server-status handler which can show
you some information regarding current connections.

> Also, I'd like to know if there is any way to limit the number of threads a
> single IP address is allowed to open simultaneously

Not in the base server, but there are several modules at
http://modules.apache.org/ that do stuff like this.  I don't have
personal experience with any of them.  Most decent firewalls will also
allow you to put restrictions like this in place at the network level.

Joshua.