RE: [users@httpd] LDAP auth problems.

Eric,

I have no real answer but I am seeing the same thing with Apache 2.0.50,
using the LDAP module to hook into a Lotus Notes LDAP service that
requires Bind DN/password details. I use AuthLDAP all the time for our
software, which is bundled with an LDAP that does not require Bind
credentials with no problems.

My problem comes from trying to hook an existing Lotus Notes LDAP into
this system which does need bind credentials. Turning on debug logging
in httpd.conf I see that errors are coming from the Microsoft LDAP SDK
that the AuthLDAP module has been compiled against in our instance.

I tried the Apache 1.3.x that our software used to bundle, where the
AuthLDAP was pre-compiled with the old Netscape LDAP SDK libraries, and
it works fine, so from what I am seeing and what you have reported I'm
wondering if there is some issue / tweak required to get Apache 2's
AuthLDAP module going againt LDAPs needing bind credentials. I
understand there were a number of changes to AuthLDAP from Apache 1.3 to
Apache 2.

Has anyone had any success in this area?

The only other thing I can think of in your case Eric is that doesn't AD
server use different objectclasses in it's schema to store users than
standard? Maybe these don't inherit the inetOrgPerson (or similar)
standard object class? Could be way off the mark here though...

Roy