Re: [users@httpd] Serving a Very Big File

The question is :

why http ? ftp is a more suitable protocol for that.

Broming plutonium wrote:
Hi,
I created a backup of my windows system yesterday. The backup file is 5 GB in size. Now, I've got to get this file off my hard disk and into another computer so that when my computer fails, I still have the backup file. I am thinking about using Apache to serve the 5-gigabyte file (4.25 to be exact) to someone in China (I live in Canada). Is it possible? I think the transfer will take at least 3 hours to complete. I want to make sure that Apache doesn't give any timeouts or anything like that during this period. I have played with my httpd.conf file, and made several adjustments. For example, I adjusted KeepAlive On, MaxKeepAliveRequests 0, and: <IfModule mpm_winnt.c>
ThreadsPerChild 0
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>
Is there anything else I should change or adjust? Any suggestions? Thanks!