From: Joshua Slive [mailto:jslive@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:42 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] HTTP PUT

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:32:26 -0500, Warron French <wfrench@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to disable the HTTP PUT command in Apache?
>
> I need to do this for security reasons.

The question doesn't make a lot of sense, since PUT is not enabled by
default to start with.  You need some kind of a script to handle PUT
requests.

You can, of course, use
<Limit PUT>
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</Limit>

But that is not generally advisable unless you understand exactly how
it fits into your entire access framework.

Joshua.