Apache Not Starting via XAMPP.

Greetings.

I would like to install WordPress on an external USB drive connected to my
local Windows 11 workstation so I can design and try out new websites
without immediately posting to an online and public hosting service.

To that end, I installed XAMPP on the above-mentioned hard drive and need to
be able to use Apache through the XAMPP control panel. However, Apache will
not start. Every time I try to start Apache the log in the bottom portion of
the XAMPP control panel has a line that states "Attempting to start Apache
service..." and nothing more. And I can't connect to my localhost using any
of my browsers.

I tried to change, via the Config button, the port associated with Apache
but that didn't work.

Also, I noticed that, when I open the XAMPP Control Panel (always in
Administrator Mode), the log section in the control panel window includes,
in red,...

---------------
2:49:58 AM [Apache] Apache Service detected with wrong path
2:49:58 AM [Apache] Change XAMPP Apache and Control Panel settings or
2:49:58 AM [Apache] Uninstall/disable the other service manually first
2:49:58 AM [Apache] Found Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Promise\Pegasus
Utility\apache\bin\httpd.exe" -k runservice
2:49:58 AM [Apache] Expected Path: "i:\xampp\apache\bin\httpd.exe" -k
runservice
---------------

So, Apache was already installed earlier on the startup (C:) drive of my
computer. But, I'm trying to have Apache, MySQL and the rest of the XAMPP
apps reside on my separate (I:) drive, because I want to use that I: drive
to build my new websites offline with WordPress.

I suppose I could uninstall/remove the copy of Apache that's on the C:
drive. However, given its location in the Promise and Promise Utility
folders, I think my Promise Pegasus RAID drive relies on it. I need my RAID
to be available at all times. Therefore, I don't really want to tamper with
any files related to it, including the copy of Apache on that C: drive.

So, could you please provide suggestions on how can I have a copy of Apache
work via the XAMPP Control Panel on my external drive?

Thanks.