Re: Forwarding question.

On 2/5/2024 11:58:55, Frank Gingras wrote:

On Mon, Feb 5, 2024 at 11:55 AM joe a <joea-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:joea-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    In a case where there is only one available incoming IP, is there a
    way,
    within apache, to host different domains, each on its own internal
    server, without requiring the external "calling browser" being any the
    wiser?  That is, without requiring the browser to "ask again" in a
    different manner?

    Want to host a low volume (and low cost) family oriented site (not
    apache) without having to resort to additional static IP or move to an
    off site "hosted" service.

All you need here is name-based vhosts, and reverse proxy to the internal server when needed.

Since I am not that experienced in apache configuation, I may have some simple questions.

In the modern scheme, should the modules required be specified in httpd.conf or in loadmodule.conf? Does it really matter other than for consistency?