Re: Script behaving differently when run by Apache and when run from a shell by user www-data?

On 1/23/2024 3:58 PM, EML wrote:

> What's interesting here is that CGI appears to be doing something more
> complex than simply forking a process. The script which is the problem
> has an EUID of 0, so why can't it unmount a filesystem? Have I just
> messed up (probably?) Or has Apache run me /without/ CAP_SYS_ADMIN? If

Or is Apache in an isolated namespace, making its mount and unmount
operations invisible to most other processes?

You can investigate by comparing what /proc/$$/ns/mnt looks like inside
and outside the problematic script. If this is the case, you might need
to use nsenter(1) to access the namespace(s) in which you want your
unmount to take effect.

--
Alan Curry
TSC Technology Department