Re: Ubuntu/Apache2/laravel - test project setup in subdirs

Frank, I create the alias in the mod.confcat
/etc/apache2/mods-available/alias.conf
# Aliases: Add here as many aliases as you need (with no limit). The format is
# Alias fakename realname
#
# Note that if you include a trailing / on fakename then the server will
# require it to be present in the URL.  So "/icons" isn't aliased in this
# example, only "/icons/".  If the fakename is slash-terminated, then the
# realname must also be slash terminated, and if the fakename omits the
# trailing slash, the realname must also omit it.
#
# We include the /icons/ alias for FancyIndexed directory listings.  If
# you do not use FancyIndexing, you may comment this out.

Alias /icons/ "/usr/share/apache2/icons/"
#Alias /wave/ "/var/www/html/wave"
#Alias /wave/ "/var/www/html/wave"
Alias /wave/ "/var/www/html/wave/wave/public/"

<Directory "/usr/share/apache2/icons">
    Options FollowSymlinks
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
</Directory>

at the same time.. here's the wave.conf for the VirtualHost directive.

root@ubuntu-s-1vcpu-2gb-nyc1-01:/var/www/html# cat
/etc/apache2/sites-available/wave.conf
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin foo@xxxxxxxxx
    ServerName  temp2
    ServerAlias temp
    DocumentRoot   /var/www/html/wave/wave/public

    <Directory    /var/www/html/wave/wave/public>

            DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

            Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
            AllowOverride All
            Require all granted
            ##Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
AllowOverride All Require all granted

            ##Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
            ##Options -Indexes FollowSymlinks
            #Options FollowSymlinks
            #AllowOverride All
            ##Order allow,deny
            ##allow from all
            #Require all granted
    </Directory>

    LogLevel debug
    ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
    CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

the target url that's giving me an issue..

http://161.35.5.174/wave/  <<<<  current live site for now
Symfony \ Component \ HttpKernel \ Exception \ MethodNotAllowedHttpException
PHP 8.2.10-2ubuntu1
9.52.16
The GET method is not supported for route /. Supported methods: HEAD...
.
.
.

which is interesting.. if I knew what it meant!