Re: How do I choose the best settings for the Apache Server?

On 2023-09-14 16:01, Jason Long wrote:
Hello,
Thanks again.
How about the other parameters? For example, how can I estimate the best value for "MaxRequestsPerChild", "ThreadsPerChild" and etc.?

What is wrong with the default values? Why do you want to "estimate"? Have you tried different values? If so, what was the upside/downside of your trials? Logs? Stats?

You say somewhere below that your server "uses WordPress, so it also has PHP and MySQL." Fine, these are services (memory and CPU cycles) outside the scope of Apache/httpd which just "serves" what it is given to "serve."

As an example, I have just rewritten a quite big (474 Gb) WP website in html5 with minimal php and js. Result: client output identical, Apache throughput just over 90% lower. YMMV

Good luck,
Paul

    On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 10:27 PM, Frank Gingras