Re: mod_dav how to configure DavLockDB in a clustered infrastructure and NFS

Dears,
we have several apache instances running each on its dedicated
machines as a cluster.
Therefore we specified DavLockDB on a nfs, so that all instances could
access it.
There where some Issues with the LockDB and we found this info:
       DavLockDB should not be on an NFS-mounted partition.
       mod_dav uses flock/fcntl to manage access to the database.
       Some operating systems cannot use these operations on a
NFS-mounted partition.
We are using RHEL-8 / -9 as OS.

Should we move it to a local filesystem and implement some session handling.
But in this case each instance wil have it`s own LockDB and doesn`t
see the locks from other instances.

What is the correct way for our use case?

Kind Regards
Lothar