Re: Strange behavior with directives ProxyRemote and NoProxy

Hi there,

Update: AFAICS, Debian/Ubuntu patches do nothing with NoProxy.

I've tested this on a different server (also an Ubuntu 22.04 LTS box with Apache httpd 2.4.52) in a completely different network. The NoProxy directive behaves slightly different on that host.

On that host, NoProxy seems to have absolutely NO effect. No matter what I'm configuring, the ProxyRemote is ALWAYS used. (On the other host, I could prevent ProxyRemote from being used by adding my local domain or the local subnet to NoProxy).

ON the new host, I've tried with domains, hostnames, IP-Addresses, Subnets... (DNS works fine on that server for all hosts).

Anyone has an idea what's wrong with that configuration?

ProxyRemote "https" "http://192.168.2.1:3128";
NoProxy     ".geoportal-raumordnung-bw.de"

ProxyPass "/foo/bar" "https://www.geoportal-raumordnung-bw.de/ows/services/org.1.09570b44-6616-4482-8680-90743239483d_wms";

Actually, this configuration uses the proxy server 192.168.2.1:3128 for any requests to "/foo/bar".

Maybe reading in the NoProxy configuration is somehow broken? Too bad, that most of the debug statements in set_proxy_dirconn (mod_proxy.c) are located inside an ´#if DEBUGGING´ condition. So, I have no way to see those with my standard binaries.

Has anyone out there actually managed to use ProxyRemote together with NoProxy in a useful way?

Regards,

Carsten