Re: Apache static compile

On 29.03.23 18:49, Chris me wrote:

Thanks, unfortuanetely those options made no difference at all, the same things are still dynamically linked.
At the very least I figured I can make due with only have the SSL library statically linked but I have tried -with-ssl=path (as per my other email).

I think, the first problem is to find a Linux distribution which still contains static versions of all needed libraries. For instance my distribution, openSUSE Tumbleweed, does only contain very few static libraries. All other libraries are dynamic. This is documented in the "openSUSE:Shared library packaging policy":

   "Avoid packaging static libraries. You should use --disable-static
   configure option or, as a last resort, remove static libraries after
   make install. If in doubt, ask."

Source: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Shared_library_packaging_policy

With such distributions it is impossible to build a fully static Apache server.

Björn