Cron job for Apache managed Letsencrypt TLS certs

I have all my websites using Apache's managed certs. Up to now I have been restarting them periodically manually as root executing "apachectl graceful" and then checking to see if the update happened. I have for a long time been meaning to do that as a cron job, but haven't set one up in a great while.

I've seen recommendations for restarting Apache (using the certbot method) daily, but that seems like overkill for my little-used sites and Apache managed certs.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good restart frequency for managed certs?

Also, should the cron job use "apachectl" or a systemd command?

Thanks,

-Tom