Re: Re: style.css not updating

The way you describe this your style.css is cached by the browser. You can verify this by opening the developer tools in the browser, then load the page and check the details in the Network tab. If that is indeed the case, "the world" will be able to see your changes exactly once and then stick with that version until the cached value expires.

I suggest you read up on how caching in browsers works as well as what cache busting is. Then decide for a workflow and server configuration that suits your use case.

Once you understand the concepts, here is a good starting point for some sensible configuration options:
https://github.com/h5bp/server-configs-apache/tree/main/h5bp%2Fweb_performance