Re: Apache serving a page that doesn't exist

Hi Jon:

Not so far as I know; that was the reason for restarting using stop/start
instead of using graceful.  I wanted to be sure  the cache was fully cleared.
I also rebooted the workstation to be sure the browser cache was deleted too.

In playing around with this I seem to have changed the problem, or at least the
symptom.  Now it would appear that the correct page is being loaded but with
incorrect mime type (?).  In the following discussion, ord0001.php works
correctly and has for many years.

I reset the link again to point ord0001x.html to ord0001.php, and I removed the
original ord0001x.html to avoid the previous problem.

ls -al ord0001*
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  7437 Jun  7 15:54 ord0001.php
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 10174 Nov  1 11:16 ord0001r.php
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root    11 Dec  3 19:39 ord0001x.html -> ord0001.php

Now the correct (I can tell by some of the content) page is served but with the
wrong type:  (cut and pasted from browser screen}

-------
 To order an item, click on the icon; when complete click Check Out   "; for
($i=0;$i<$num_rows;$i++) { $this_item = pg_fetch_array($result,$i,PGSQL_ASSOC);
echo '
'; echo ''; echo '
$' . $this_item['i_price'] . '	' . $this_item['i_name'] , ' ' .
$this_item['i_desc'] . '
'; } } } else { $err = true; $errno = 1; } } if ($err) { $fh =
fopen($elog,"wa"); $errlog = $timestamp . "\tord0001: "; switch ($errno) { case
1: fwrite($fh,($errlog . "Unable to connect to database, order terminated\n"));
echo "
------

As you can see, the words are sort of randomly selected with PHP, html, and a
bit of Javascript code all munged together.  There is a lot more of both that is
not displayed on the screen at all and these lines are out of sequence.

It appears that php-fpm didn't get a whack at the page before it was served,
even though the page is valid and the extension is ".php".  It would seem that
Apache treated the page using the initial extension (.html) instead of the
linked page extension (.php)

So sort of out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Regards,

John
======