Re: firefox shows default site page

Allow me to step aside from your question for a moment, I believe if
you don't get the basics right you should just stop, this is very
important:

Directory directive specifies a directory in your filesystem, ***do
not ever allow anything in /***, even less the execution of cgi
scripts.

You are also mixing authz 2.2 directives with 2.4 directives.

And also allowing .htaccess files to be used throughout your whole
operative system.

Briefly it is a compendium of ill advice.

In your server config context you should define at least these:

<Directory />
    Options None
    AllowOverride none
    Require all denied
</Directory>

and inside your virtualhost:

DocumentRoot /var/www/snappy
<Directory /var/www/snappy>
   #Options "add whatever options you do need, do not add random options .."
    Require all granted
</Directory>

and then configure other directories or whatever you need for service.
But these above are the basics.

About including AllowOverride directive, only do if you want non-admin
users to setup specific directories configuration, set it up where it
is really needed (NOT EVER system wide), most times using .htaccess
will just complicate your life otherwise.

El vie, 11 nov 2022 a las 10:08, <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I have this hostname: mail.openmbox.net
> when access it as http, it will be rewrited to https (rewrite and certs setup by certbot automatically).
>
> this works fine in chrome browser.
>
> but when I access http://mail.openmbox.net in firefox, it will show the default site.
>
> That's to say,
>
> http://mail.openmbox.net/ works correctly on chrome (show the correct site and rewrite to https).
> but it shows the default site (ubuntu default html) on firefox as you can test it as well.
>
> I am totally confused. can you help?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Additional info:
>
> The version:
> # apache2 -v
> Server version: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)
> Server built:   2022-06-14T13:30:55
>
> The config:
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>
>         ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
>         ServerName mail.openmbox.net
>         DocumentRoot /var/www/snappy
>

>         ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
>         CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined
>
>   <Directory />
>     Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
>     AllowOverride All
>     Order deny,allow
>     Allow from all
>     Require all granted
>   </Directory>
>
>   <Directory /var/www/snappy/data>
>      Require all denied
>   </Directory>
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} =mail.openmbox.net
> RewriteRule ^ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [END,NE,R=permanent]
> </VirtualHost>

Daniel Ferradal
HTTPD Project