Re: proxy subdirectory not being kept after redirection

On 4 Oct 2022, at 22:03, Frank Gingras wrote:

A few comments first:

1) Try to avoid proxying inside a <Location> block, unless you have a good
reason to. You have more control in the vhost context over the URI paths.

Thanks for your comments. There are few reasons that I used <Location>:

2) Stop using the 2.2 authz directives, those have been deprecated for over
a decade

Thank you!

Now, your ProxyPassReverse is effectively:

ProxyPassReverse /host1/ http://192.168.4.12/

This means that if the backend issues a Location: header to something other
than /host1/, you won't catch it. You need handle a more generic URI scheme.

Yes. As mentioned above, I thought of using mod_rewrite as well. So far I tried:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName mydomain.com
ProxyPreserveHost on
<Location “/host1/“>
ProxyPass "http://192.168.4.12/" retry=0
ProxyPassReverse "http://192.168.4.12/"
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule "^/index(.*)" “/host1/index$1" [R]
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

So now I am able to get /host1/ stayed in URI after entering phpMyAdmin credentials and getting redirection. However, the page stay at log-in page instead of being actually logging in. It seems to me some parts of the URI are missing.

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin
<Directory /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin>
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>
ServerName 192.168.4.12
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule "^/index(.*)" “/host1/index$1" [R]
ErrorLog logs/192.168.4.12_81_error_log
CustomLog logs/192.168.4.12_81_access_log common
</VirtualHost>

With this setup, I also got the /host1/ stayed in URI, however all the information after index.php are missing, only index.php got redirected to the host A server.

Any advice?

Thanks,

D.