Re: How to get files in svn directory processed by another mod

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 3:58 PM Gary Aitken <apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am developing a mod to display (translated) markdown.  It seems to be
> working for an independent directory, but when I click on a file in an
> svn directory, I get a standard browser download/open dialog.  (We have
> a .md file in svn directories which is a README type file to help users
> understand what that directory/repository is to be used for.  The file
> is in the actual directory, as opposed to under svn control)
>
> It feels like the mod(s) which handle svn is not letting my mod_xxx deal
> with the file.
>
> I have tried setting the arg(s) to ap_hook_handler to APR_HOOK_MIDDLE,
> APR_HOOK_LAST, and telling it to execute before mod_dav.c:
>
>    static const char *const following_mods[] = {"mod_dav.c", NULL};
>    ap_hook_handler(tst_handler, NULL, following_mods, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);

I think you want to write an output filter, not a handler.   But maybe
it can technically work with (in place of) mod_dav, I don't know.
I don't see why your handler would be pre-empted by mod_dav if you
were APR_HOOK_MIDDLE and listed it as a successor.

Is your mod instrumented with trace?
Have you looked at mod_info output to show hook order?