Re: site compromised and httpd log analysis

ok may or may not be related but i found i had to lock php, wordpress etc down heavely in apache

especially if you are using vhosts

i found one authorized site could talk to another without making things more strict

yes its a pain to have one vhost per site but its the only way to fully isolate one from the other

if someone executes stuff it stays within their working directory

example (shows http alias etc - note the directory directives - i use a database --> script generator so its not too inconvient.) :

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName bedrockconstruction.ca
ServerAlias bedrockconstruction.ca
ServerAlias www.bedrockconstruction.ca
Redirect permanent / https://bedrockconstruction.ca/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName bedrockconstruction.ca
ServerAlias bedrockconstruction.ca
ServerAlias www.bedrockconstruction.ca
DocumentRoot /www/bedrockconstruction.ca

SSLEngine on
SSLProtocol all
SSLCertificateFile /www/bedrockconstruction.ca/ssl/bedrockconstruction.ca.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile /www/bedrockconstruction.ca/ssl/bedrockconstruction.ca.key SSLCertificateChainFile /www/bedrockconstruction.ca/ssl/bedrockconstruction.ca.chain

SuexecUserGroup www www

<Directory "/www/bedrockconstruction.ca/wp-content/uploads/">
<Files "*.php">
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from All
</Files>
</Directory>

<Directory /www/bedrockconstruction.ca>
php_admin_value open_basedir /www/bedrockconstruction.ca:/var/log/
</Directory>

<Directory /www/bedrockconstruction.ca>
php_admin_value sys_temp_dir /www/bedrockconstruction.ca/tmp/
</Directory>

<Directory /www/bedrockconstruction.ca>
php_admin_value session.save_path /www/bedrockconstruction.ca/tmp/
</Directory>

<Directory /www/bedrockconstruction.ca>
php_admin_value soap.wsdl_cache_dir /www/bedrockconstruction.ca/tmp/
</Directory>

<Directory /www/bedrockconstruction.ca>
php_admin_value upload_tmp_dir /www/bedrockconstruction.ca/tmp
</Directory>

<Directory "/www/bedrockconstruction.ca">
AllowOverride All
php_value session.save_path "/www/bedrockconstruction.ca/"
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Happy Wednesday !!!
Thanks - paul