Re: ETAG and Vary with reverse proxy and xsendfile

Yesterday I asked:
2. mod_xsendfile (see https://github.com/nmaier/mod_xsendfile)
sends the specified file to the client.

Currently, all responses seem to have ETAG: "0". I'd like
the ETAG to be based in the normal way on the attributes
of the file that mod_xsendfile actually sends.

I believe I've found a bug in mod_xsendfile that explains this.

This module doesn't seem to have had much attention from its author
for a number of years, yet it does provide a useful feature (which
some other servers have built-in). Has Apache ever considered
adopting this module, or otherwise adding this functionality?

(I'm still unsure if sending valid ETags is sufficient to make
If-None-Match work, i.e. whether the checking for that is up or
downstream of where mod_xsendfile sits - any comments anyone?)

Regard, Phil.