AllowOverride concerns

Hello,

I've set up my Apache 2.4 web server on Ubuntu for multi-user shared hosting with sufficient security isolation between all users. Part of my server config is this:

<Directory "/var/www">
    Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
    AllowOverride AuthConfig FileInfo Indexes Limit
</Directory>

Now when I want to install Nextcloud on one of the domains, there is an error with this part of its .htaccess file:

Options -Indexes

The error message in the log is:

/var/www/xxx/.htaccess: Options not allowed here

I thought I had configured this correctly to allow this directive, but that's been a very long time any maybe Apache has changed since then. After reading the documentation about AllowOverride, I guess I need something more like this:

AllowOverride (...) Options=Indexes

I don't fully understand what the consequences are. Especially since I already have "Indexes" in the AllowOverride setting. Can I just append the extra parameter as shown and all is good? Will it allow .htaccess files like the above and nothing else? I don't want to grant any permissions that I'm not aware of.

-Yves