apache2 disabled by apache2.conf error

Paranoia is running amok.

It seems that line 80 expects an APACHE_RUN_DIR env var.

It has been /var/www/html/gene since at least 18 years.
And the address in the sig has been registered to me for at least a
decade.
But I can't access it, either by the address in the sig or at localhost
now. dig shows my registered address has not changed. I also can't
access my router at its assigned address but the rest of my network is
running just fine. And I can ping it by the name in the sig.

How do I set it, and who sets (owns) it?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis