Re: RE: (EXTERNAL) Re: [users@httpd] Patching httpd in MacOS?

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 1:18 AM Rich Barron <rich.barron@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We are doing a security audit. The software saw the unpatched version in the MacOS and flagged it as a violation – so that is what needs to be patched.

I don't know how Apple handles bundled software. Are you sure that
this is not a false positive and that the relevant security issues
have not been patched even though the version number wasn't changed?

Anyway, I think this is a MacOS problem, you'll have to find out how
to disable, uninstall or update httpd with the MacOS specific tools,
find evidence that the installed httpd is actually safe or plead with
Apple to provide an update.

rainer