Re: Choosing Windows platfrorm

Thinking of upgrading hardware (and Apache2.4).  Would you choose Windows 10 Pro or Windows Home Server 2011?  and why?

Thanks for any suggestions,  (I have an application that precludes using Linux in this case.)
It’s tough to give a straight answer to this sort of question, usually for reasons of discretion, but I can say that if your interested in establishing testable benchmarks that help you choose, or you just want to verify the hw&sw changes don’t affect your application’s performance, the thing you’ll want to do is run a Docker container configured with the desired OS and httpd versions. I mention Docker in particular only because it’s Open source. I’m not personally familiar with Windows based service, and so can only be helpful in the above way.

Nick is just verifying you don’t go by the pseudonym “back button”

Best,
Will F