Re: Issue with Apache 2.4.51 hanging

Hi Patrick,

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 10:13 PM Patrick Verdon
<patrick.verdon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just a quick follow up - we've tried removing mod_http2 but still managed to provoke a crash. See the error_log below when stopping/restarting after httpd becomes unresponsive.

It seems to have eliminated the "reslist_cleanup: Assertion
`rl->ntotal == 0' failed" and "Aborted (6)" errors, which was the
primary goal.
Hopefully the other "corrupted size vs. prev_size" and "Segmentation
fault (11)" errors were related but it does not seem to be the case..

> We need to be a bit more careful removing other modules to make sure they're not used, which is more time consuming - do you think this is still worth doing to address the issue?

I can't tell this from the few pieces of information available so far.

> If you have any other suggestions let me know.

Since httpd is now crashing with "Segmentation fault" (only), there is
a way to get a coredump file generated for further analysis, you need
to add this to your main/base httpd configuration:
    CoreDumpDirectory /tmp

After each crash there should be a "/tmp/core" (or "/tmp/core.[pid]")
file which can be analysed with the gdb debugger, by using these
commands:
$ gdb /usr/sbin/httpd /tmp/core[.pid]
[and once in gdb with the "(gdb)" prompt]
(gdb) thread apply all bt

Please paste the result here.

Regards;
Yann.